Have any of you tried Kroger’s Clicklist grocery shopping app before? If not, check it out – you will never be the same!
Or at least never grocery shop the same😉
I LOVE using Clicklist. You logon to the site, add your groceries to the online cart, and schedule a pick up time for the next day. When you pull in, they bring the groceries out and load up the car for you! SO awesome! If you have a toddler (or two), I’m sure you will do anything to avoid an hour long+ grocery trip.
(P.S. This isn’t a sponsored post, I just really love Clicklist lol)
Moving on though… who doesn’t love a bowl of creamy pasta? (If you say you don’t, we can’t be friends #mustlovecarbs).
Better yet, how about a big bowl of alfredo pasta with chicken and broccoli – YUM!
Today I have a great recipe for Roasted Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo. The reason its so great is because of how flavorful and easy it is to make!
You start by chopping and roasting your broccoli and chicken in the oven.
While that’s going, you boil your pasta and heat your sauce on the stove.
In about 30 min, you have a delicious (and kind of healthy) meal that can be made any night of the week!
I prefer to use a store bought alfredo sauce, if its a weeknight, to save some time, but of course I add my own touches with shredded parmesan and seasonings. Feel free to make your own alfredo if you like! There’s plenty of recipes on Pinterest that sound great.
I hope you enjoy the recipe and have a great weekend!🙂
Roasted Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts*
- 2 cups raw broccoli florets (do not use frozen!)
- 1 lb. pasta (I would suggest penne or linguine)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. seasoned salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
*I suggest using fresh chicken vs. frozen. Frozen chicken, even after its thawed, just won’t cook the same in the oven.
For the Alfredo sauce (if you don’t make your own):
- 2 jars alfredo sauce (I use Bertolli brand)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or broth
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut your chicken into about 1 inch cubes.
- Spread chicken and broccoli onto baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and pepper. Toss gently to coat everything evenly, then spread into an even layer.
- Cook chicken and broccoli in oven for 15 minutes.
- While that’s cooking, boil the water and cook your pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- If using jarred alfredo, in a medium sauce pan, heat your alfredo sauce on medium until bubbling. Whisk in the parmesan, chicken stock/broth and pepper until the cheese is melted and everything is mixed well. Leave on low heat until ready to combine.
- After everything is cooked and ready, combine pasta, alfredo sauce, chicken and broccoli in a large pot or bowl. Taste and add extra salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve as is or with a crusty bread (for dipping in the sauce of course!).