If you have been reading this blog for any length of time, I think it is safe to say that Mexican food is one of my favorites. However, it’s hard for me to pass up a big bowl of pasta!
On a night when I just can’t decide which sounds better, this One Pot Taco Pasta recipe comes in handy. This dinner is also great when I don’t feel like doing a bunch of dishes (which is every night!).
Like many of my recipes, this dish it’s super easy and requires minimal ingredients. (Busy moms and wives need dinners like this, am I right?!)
You’ll brown your ground beef and then add in most of the other ingredients.
When the mixture comes to a boil, cover and cook for about 15 minutes.
Mix in your shredded cheese, salt and pepper to taste, and that’s it! Dinner is ready in less than 30 minutes.
Top it off with your favorite taco ingredients – sour cream, jalapeños, tortilla chips – the topping are almost endless.
Hope you enjoy the recipe and try it yourself! Husband and kid approved.
One Pot Taco Pasta
- 8 oz. penne pasta
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1.25 oz. packet of taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa (use your fave!)
- 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese (optional)*
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Additional toppings: Sour cream, jalapeños, tortilla chips, etc.
- In a large skillet (that comes with a lid), brown ground beef on medium high.
- Drain grease and wipe out skillet.
- Add ground beef back to pan and stir in taco seasoning, water, salsa, pasta, and green chilies.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 15-17 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Mix in cheese (optional)*, salt and pepper to taste, and stir to combine.
- Serve with desired toppings.
*I like to mix the shredded cheese right in to make the pasta creamier, but you’re welcome to leave it out. The dish would taste great either way!
I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!
Our clan was busy busy visiting family, opening gifts, eating, (#priorities), etc. This truly is “the most wonderful time of the year” in my opinion!
Today, I have a simple and scrumptious recipe for you. And the best part is… it only requires 4 ingredients! You’re welcome.
The secret of this recipe is in the name, Cheater Chicken Parmesan. I cheated with this recipe by using frozen, breaded chicken tenders instead of breading and frying my own. This dinner comes together so quick by using prepared chicken. Don’t knock it until you try it (I did it for you and can already tell you its awesome!).
Husbands and kids alike will LOVE this dish! Try it out this week.
Have a Happy New Year!
Cheater Chicken Parmesan
- Frozen, breaded chicken strips (I used a few strips from the Kroger brand 25 oz. bag)
- 1 jar Marinara sauce (I used Barilla brand)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 lb. spaghetti
- Salt, pepper, Italian seasonings, etc. to taste
- Cook desired amount of chicken strips according to package directions.
- In a large pot, boil spaghetti according to package directions.
- In a small sauce pan, add your marinara and desired seasonings.
- When chicken is ready, top with a spoonful of marinara and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Broil chicken strips for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve spaghetti topped with extra marinara and chicken strips.
Happy Tuesday; I hope your week is going great.
I have a super quick and yummy recipe for you today: Cajun Alfredo Sausage Pasta.
So. Dang. Good.
This pasta dish comes together quickly, which is great for a busy weeknight, or if you’re like me and just super hungry after work (ha!).
This recipe can also easily be doubled so you can stick a second casserole in the freezer for another night (which is what I did!).
The spicyness of this dish can be adjusted to the level you prefer. So use less or more Cajun seasoning, your choice!
You could also easily sub chicken for the smoked sausage, that would be delish too. Or make it a meatless Monday meal (say that 5xs fast!).
Hope you enjoy this hearty, comforting pasta recipe. Try it this week!
Cajun Alfredo Sausage Pasta
Servings: 4-5 (depending on your portions)
- 1/2 lb. smoked sausage, sliced
- 8 oz. pasta (any kind; I used penne)
- 22 oz. jar Alfredo sauce*
- 1/2 large yellow or white onion, diced
- 3/4 cup mozzarella
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3-4 tsp. Cajun seasoning (more or less if preferred)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet on medium high.
- Add butter, diced onion, sliced sausage, and seasonings.
- Cook until sausage and onions are slightly browned, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in Alfredo sauce. Taste and add more seasonings if needed.
- Add pasta and mix well.
- Pour into a large baking dish, sprinkle with mozzarella and bake for about 20-25 min.*
*You could skip the baking part, if desired, and just stir the mozzarella into the mixture and be finished.
**If you choose to double this, cover your other baking dish with foil, and once completely cooled freeze for up to 1 month. You can thaw the casserole and then bake as above, or bake at 350 until warmed through (1-1 1/2 hours).