It’s a New Year, which means most of you are trying to eat healthier. So, this pasta recipe may have you clicking elsewhere for meal ideas.
However, I like to be realistic when trying to eat healthier and know that I’m still going to want a big bowl of pasta every now and then. And you know what… that’s OK! Nutrition is all about balance, in my opinion.
So, for those of you who want to stick around and find out what this dish is all about, welcome to the carb side! (see what I did there?)
One pot meals have quickly become a favorite of mine. I mean, only one pan to clean after making dinner? Sign me up!
This recipe combines an indulgent bowl of pasta with the mouth-watering taste of tacos. The combination may sound weird at first, but trust me, you won’t regret trying this recipe. My hubby and toddler gobble it up every time I make it!
You can adjust the heat level of this dish to your preference. We use a mild salsa since my toddler eats this with us. However, if you like it spicier then I say go for a medium, or even hot, salsa.
Adding some sour cream and crushed tortilla chips on top is the way to go for us! But feel free to add taco sauce, jalapeno, extra cheese, whatever your taco loving heart desires.
Hope you guys enjoy the recipe!
One Pot Taco Pasta
- 8 oz. small pasta noodles (I used Medium Shells)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Packet of taco seasoning (or you can use a homemade recipe like this one)
- 1 cup salsa (mild, medium or hot)
- 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Additional toppings: Sour cream, jalapeños, tortilla chips, etc.
- In a large skillet (that comes with a lid), brown ground beef on medium high.
- Once cooked, drain grease.
- Add the ground beef back to the pan and stir in taco seasoning, water, salsa, pasta, and green chilies. Note: Be sure the noodles are covered in the liquid so they cook properly. Push them down a bit if needed.
- Bring mixture to a boil, cover and simmer on medium low heat for about 15-17 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Add cheese, salt and pepper to taste, and stir to combine.
- Serve with desired toppings.
*Recipe adapted from Mother Thyme*
I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!
Our clan was busy busy visiting family, opening gifts, eating, (#priorities), etc. This truly is “the most wonderful time of the year” in my opinion!
Today, I have a simple and scrumptious recipe for you. And the best part is… it only requires 4 ingredients! You’re welcome.
The secret of this recipe is in the name, Cheater Chicken Parmesan. I cheated with this recipe by using frozen, breaded chicken tenders instead of breading and frying my own. This dinner comes together so quick by using prepared chicken. Don’t knock it until you try it (I did it for you and can already tell you its awesome!).
Husbands and kids alike will LOVE this dish! Try it out this week.
Have a Happy New Year!
Cheater Chicken Parmesan
- Frozen, breaded chicken strips (I used a few strips from the Kroger brand 25 oz. bag)
- 1 jar Marinara sauce (I used Barilla brand)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 lb. spaghetti
- Salt, pepper, Italian seasonings, etc. to taste
- Cook desired amount of chicken strips according to package directions.
- In a large pot, boil spaghetti according to package directions.
- In a small sauce pan, add your marinara and desired seasonings.
- When chicken is ready, top with a spoonful of marinara and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Broil chicken strips for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve spaghetti topped with extra marinara and chicken strips.
Happy Tuesday; I hope your week is going great.
I have a super quick and yummy recipe for you today: Cajun Alfredo Sausage Pasta.
So. Dang. Good.
This pasta dish comes together quickly, which is great for a busy weeknight, or if you’re like me and just super hungry after work (ha!).
This recipe can also easily be doubled so you can stick a second casserole in the freezer for another night (which is what I did!).
The spicyness of this dish can be adjusted to the level you prefer. So use less or more Cajun seasoning, your choice!
You could also easily sub chicken for the smoked sausage, that would be delish too. Or make it a meatless Monday meal (say that 5xs fast!).
Hope you enjoy this hearty, comforting pasta recipe. Try it this week!
Cajun Alfredo Sausage Pasta
Servings: 4-5 (depending on your portions)
- 1/2 lb. smoked sausage, sliced
- 8 oz. pasta (any kind; I used penne)
- 22 oz. jar Alfredo sauce*
- 1/2 large yellow or white onion, diced
- 3/4 cup mozzarella
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3-4 tsp. Cajun seasoning (more or less if preferred)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet on medium high.
- Add butter, diced onion, sliced sausage, and seasonings.
- Cook until sausage and onions are slightly browned, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in Alfredo sauce. Taste and add more seasonings if needed.
- Add pasta and mix well.
- Pour into a large baking dish, sprinkle with mozzarella and bake for about 20-25 min.*
*You could skip the baking part, if desired, and just stir the mozzarella into the mixture and be finished.
**If you choose to double this, cover your other baking dish with foil, and once completely cooled freeze for up to 1 month. You can thaw the casserole and then bake as above, or bake at 350 until warmed through (1-1 1/2 hours).