Happy Thursday guys!
If any of you feel my site sounds familiar, you may just be on to something… this is the new home of Delish Dishes From Michele that originally resided on Google Blogger. I’ve moving up people! lol. I’ve been pondering the purchase of my own domain (that sounds so territorial! LOL) to help increase the traffic of my blog. I love sharing recipes and want to spread the love as much as possible! #likebutterontoast
If you have no idea what I’m talking about, that’s OK! Read my About page to get familiar with the writer behind this blog. (Hopefully that will cause more to stick around than to run away in fear!) #dramaticmuch
One thing I did not mention on the About page is my obsession with #hashtags. If you’re annoyed by them, I’m sorry. If you love them too, you’re my new best friend.
Anywho, because I’m starting from scratch here on WordPress, I feel its an opportunity to “refresh” the recipes I posted on Google Blogger. No worries former readers, I will certainly be posting new recipes as time goes on. But, for any new readers I might gain from this “new” blog, I want to provide the opportunity to try out my “older” recipes. I have to admit, some are just too good not to!
On that note, here’s a recipe my husband and I have loved since we’ve been married: Taco Pie. When I first started making it, we ate it sometimes twice a week! It was just so easy and so yummy! I know there are TONS of other versions out there, but this is the one we like to use.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 can crescent rolls (I often use the reduced-fat kind)
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Shredded lettuce (optional)
- Diced tomatoes (optional)
- Taco sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown your beef in a large skillet. Drain. Add taco seasoning and water. Mix well.
- Press crescent rolls into a large pie dish or 9 x 9 cake pan to create a crust. You want the dough to cover the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Spread beef evenly over the dough. Spread sour cream over the beef. Sprinkle your crushed tortilla chips on top of the sour cream. Sprinkle cheese evenly over mixture (I use the full 1 1/2 cups, but you can use less if you like).
- This step depends on how big your pan is. As you see in the pictures, my pie dish is not so big, so what I did was lay the crescent rolls around the dish, alternating large ends and skinny ends. Then, I folded the ends to the middle to finish it off. Whatever way you choose to do is fine!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Add shredded lettuce and tomatoes, or whatever toppings you’d like.
I hope you guys enjoy my first post/recipe! Please comment and let me know what you think!