As I’m sure you’ve noticed, I vanished for a few months… Life as a new mommy is hard, exhausting work! But I will say I am loving every minute of it!
(^Emma’s first Easter!^)
I am slowly trying to make my way back to my blog, so just bear with me as you see my random, sporadic posts 🙂
In case anybody is wondering, Miss Emma Grace is doing wonderfully! She is 6 months old now, eating baby food, sitting up, and has two teeth.
She loves to laugh and play, especially with our Corgi, Nigel. We have a feeling she will be crawling soon just so she can keep up with him!
Yes, life as a mommy is fun, for sure!
Part of my job not only as a mommy but also as a wifey is making sure dinner gets on the table. That can sometimes be a daunting task that I am just not crazy about. This is when I turn to my crockpot!
Just this week things were hectic and I wasn’t sure what to do for dinner last night. We had church, so I knew it would need to be something quick. Before heading into work yesterday morning I glanced in my freezer and spotted some chicken and a bag of stir-fry veggies. I thought I could make it work, and boy was I right!
Although stir-frys are known to be cooked on the stovetop, I could not think of what else to call this dish. It has all the flavors of a stir-fry, so why not just go with it?! Whatever you choose to call it, though, this last minute crockpot meal turned out to be one my husband and I really enjoyed, and I plan to make it again and again! It just requires 4 main ingredients and a couple seasonings, that’s it folks!
I had some leftover onion and green pepper in my fridge I needed to use up before it went bad, so I added that in too. That is completely optional for this dish, but it was nice to add some extra veggies that we both enjoy, so try it out if you’ve got some handy!
I did not plan for this to be a meal I would post, so I did not take any pictures. Next time I make it I will be sure and do so! Until then, enjoy the baby pics 😉
I hope you enjoy this easy weeknight meal as much as we did!
Crockpot Chicken “Stir-Fry”
- About 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (fresh or frozen; I used 5 frozen breasts)
- 1 bag frozen stir-fry veggies
- 1/2 white onion, diced (optional)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup worchestshire sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- Place chicken in crockpot and add onion and bell pepper on top (if using).
- Pour in soy and worchestshire sauces, sprinkle on seasonings, and give it a little stir to coat everything.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Before cook time is up, add in the frozen veggies and stir. Continue to cook on low for last 30 minutes.
- Add additional salt and pepper if needed. Serve over white rice.
**Recipe updated 1/18/18**