Who else is pressed for time during the week?
Between responsibilities of having a family, a job, church events, piles of dishes and laundry, or whatever other activities you have going on, there just never seems to be enough time in the day to get it all done!
This means dinner must be quick, but also delicious, and healthy if possible. That’s such a tall order some days! Which leads me to my next point: little things cook faster (feel free to applaud me for my brilliant statement, lol).
The recipe that I have for you today is quick, delicious, and can be healthy if you add a side of veggies… we had a side of mashed potatoes and gravy with ours – ha!
(Forgive the TERRIBLE photos. I took them with my phone real quick before we sat down to eat. Next time I make them I’ll try to get better ones!)
We LOVE meatloaf, but during the week it is so hard to make due to the time it takes to cook. Again, little things cook faster! I took a simple recipe for a yummy and cheesy meatloaf and made it into mini squares for a quick and delish dinner that I like to call Mini Meatloaf Squares. Clever right?!
If you do not have a brownie pan like mine (which I got from Pampered Chef), using a muffin pan is just as good. It’s about the taste, after all, not the shape.
Without further ado, here is the recipe for you. Enjoy guys! Happy Thursday 🙂
Mini Meatloaf Squares
Servings: 10-12 mini meatloaf squares or muffins
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (we used Colby Jack)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all your meatloaf ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Fill brownie or muffin pan with the mixture. Each slot should be filled all the way.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 30-35 min.
- While cooking, mix topping ingredients together. During the last 15 min of baking, spread the ketchup and brown sugar mixture evenly over the top of each mini loaf.
- I suggest you let them cool for 5 min before serving.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli, or the sides of your choice!