Emma is getting closer and closer to being 2 years old, so we’ve been considering our potty training strategy for her. She has already asked to “potty” several times, and actually went once! However, because we have not officially started to potty train – I think she’s still a bit too young – those “potty” times have been sporadic.
Because she goes to daycare, they will work with her during the day when she’s ready to potty train. However, we need a strategy for at home too. I have seen and read so many articles on potty training that I’m not sure what to do. And those articles that talk about potty training in 24 hours are totally out the window! Unless they’re 4 years old or something, I don’t see that as being very effective (but kudos if it did work for you, I’m just skeptical).
Anyway, all you mommas out there, help me out! What did you do to help potty train your child? And is 2 years old too young to start? I hear girls learn sooner than boys. Thanks in advance for the input!
Moving on to the real reason for this post though…
I have a fun, yummy, and EASY recipe for you today!
This is a dish a lady from my church told me about probably 7 years ago, and surprisingly I haven’t made it in a llooonnnggg time! I honestly forget about it with all of the other recipes I find on Pinterest. It is, however, a delicious meal that will continue to make an appearance in my dinner planning now that I’ve rediscovered it!
You start with a rotisserie chicken (part of the reason this dish is so easy!), and shred up all the dark and white meat.
The chicken is then rolled up in flour tortillas with some yummy shredded cheese, covered in enchilada sauce, sprinkled with more cheese, AND THEN… crushed Doritos! See, fun and yummy! 😉
All around, this meal will make any adult or child happy! With cheese and Doritos, how could it not?! And since you’re using a rotisserie chicken, its easy to whip up during a busy weeknight, or even prep and bake the next day.
(Excuse the blurry picture. I used my iPhone to take it lol)
I hope you enjoy the recipe and the rest of your week!
Doritos Chicken Enchiladas
- Rotisserie chicken, skin removed and shredded
- 8-10 taco-sized flour tortillas*
- 4 cups shredded cheese (I use a Mexican-blend kind)
- 1-2 cans enchilada sauce**
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Doritos chips
- Optional toppings: sour cream, shredded lettuce, taco sauce
*Depends on how many you can fit in your pan. I was able to fit 9 rolled tortillas.
**I only used 1 can. We prefer ours to be light on the sauce. Someone who loves enchilada sauce would probably want to use 2 cans. Your choice!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a large plate, assemble the enchiladas: 1 flour tortilla, 2-3 tbsp shredded cheese down the middle, and 3 tbsp shredded chicken down the middle (I mostly guess on my filling, but these are the measurements I recommend if you don’t want “over-stuffed” tortillas).
- Roll up the filled tortillas as you stuff and line them up in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Pour the enchilada sauce evenly over the enchiladas.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese (or 1 1/2 cups) over the sauce.
- Sprinkle the crush Doritos evenly over the cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, or until the Doritos are slightly browned and the cheese is bubbly.