Happy Friday everyone!
Is anyone else excited that we are just 4 short weeks from Thanksgiving?!?!
I love Thanksgiving, and really just this time of year in general. My husband and I enjoy spending time with family, having a break from work, and of course EATING! #gimmeallthefood
Speaking of eating…
I don’t know about you, but say the words “cheese” or “bacon” and I don’t care if you cooked a shoe, I’ll eat it!
Ok, probably not a shoe, but I think you get my point!
Luckily, the recipe I have for you today calls for cheese and bacon (no shoes in sight!), so put on your fat pants and get ready for something hearty and comforting! We’re talking Cheesy Bacon Ranch Chicken & Potatoes. #drooling
This dish is made in the slow cooker, and cooks all day, so its perfect to put together before work for an easy dinner! I usually make it on Sunday morning for dinner that night. I love a hearty Sunday supper after church and fellowshipping most of the day.
The ingredients are simple and you may already have them at home. Add a side salad if you need some balance for all that cheese and bacon. But, lets be honest… its unnecessary 😉
Make this yummy dish soon; you will not regret it!
Cheesy Bacon Ranch Chicken & Potatoes
- 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts*
- 4-5 large gold or russet potatoes (I’ve used both and either work great)
- 6 strips cooked chopped bacon or 1/2 cup bacon bits (I’ve used both and either work great)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 packet dry Ranch seasoning
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- 1 tsp. each: salt, black pepper, garlic powder
*I only needed two large chicken breasts to make 4 servings.
- Rinse and dry potatoes. Cut potatoes in half, then cut the two halves into quarters.
- Put potatoes in crockpot, add half the dry Ranch seasoning, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Give it a stir.
- Lay chicken breasts on top of potatoes. Sprinkle evenly with the remainder of the dry Ranch seasoning.
- Cook on low for 8 hours (if your crockpot is newer, only cook for 7 hours).
- This is how I cook my bacon: 20 minutes before the chicken and potatoes are done, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook bacon strips on a foiled lined baking sheet for about 15 min, or until it reaches your desired crispiness. Drain on paper towels, then cut or tear into small pieces.
- Remove chicken from crockpot and cut into chunks or shred.
- There will be some juice in the bottom of the crockpot. You don’t want to save this, so you will need a large dish or bowl. In your dish/bowl, gently mix your chicken, potatoes, cheese, and bacon. Add the Ranch dressing and mix again. Add extra salt and pepper to taste.