If you have been reading this blog for any length of time, I think it is safe to say that Mexican food is one of my favorites. However, it’s hard for me to pass up a big bowl of pasta!
On a night when I just can’t decide which sounds better, this One Pot Taco Pasta recipe comes in handy. This dinner is also great when I don’t feel like doing a bunch of dishes (which is every night!).
Like many of my recipes, this dish it’s super easy and requires minimal ingredients. (Busy moms and wives need dinners like this, am I right?!)
You’ll brown your ground beef and then add in most of the other ingredients.
When the mixture comes to a boil, cover and cook for about 15 minutes.
Mix in your shredded cheese, salt and pepper to taste, and that’s it! Dinner is ready in less than 30 minutes.
Top it off with your favorite taco ingredients – sour cream, jalapeños, tortilla chips – the topping are almost endless.
Hope you enjoy the recipe and try it yourself! Husband and kid approved.
One Pot Taco Pasta
- 8 oz. penne pasta
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1.25 oz. packet of taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa (use your fave!)
- 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese (optional)*
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Additional toppings: Sour cream, jalapeños, tortilla chips, etc.
- In a large skillet (that comes with a lid), brown ground beef on medium high.
- Drain grease and wipe out skillet.
- Add ground beef back to pan and stir in taco seasoning, water, salsa, pasta, and green chilies.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 15-17 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Mix in cheese (optional)*, salt and pepper to taste, and stir to combine.
- Serve with desired toppings.
*I like to mix the shredded cheese right in to make the pasta creamier, but you’re welcome to leave it out. The dish would taste great either way!