Happy Saturday guys!
I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far. Our plans were sparse, so we are enjoying some free time before our week starts.
We have Vacation Bible School at our church this week, so that will make for busy nights without much cooking. Sometimes that’s a win, unless it calls for eating out a lot.
One way I try to even things out when I know a busy week is approaching is trying to cook as much as possible the days before and after that week.
Last night was no exception! I made this Tortellini & Broccoli Alfredo Bake on a whim and I was so so pleased with it. Super easy to pull together when you’re pressed for time and ingredients.
This recipe would also be a good one if you do “Meatless Monday”. Or, you could easily add some chicken to bulk it up a bit. It was plenty filling for the 3 of us without any additions, though.
Enjoy the recipe!
Tortellini & Broccoli Alfredo Bake
- 19 oz. bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 1/2 cups raw broccoli
- Large jar of Alfredo sauce
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese, divided*
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt to taste
*I used colby jack cheese because that’s what I had on hand, but you could use just about any kind of cheese you like. Mild cheddar or a mixture of parmesan and mozzerella would work too.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Season the water with 2 tsp of salt.
- Boil tortellini and broccoli for about 2 minutes, or until just a bit tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Return pot to stove and set to medium heat. Add butter and whisk until melted.
- Add alfredo sauce, chicken broth, 1/2 cup cheese, and seasonings and whisk until well combined and cheese is melted.
- In a greased baking dish, add tortellini and broccoli. Pour alfredo sauce over and mix. I suggest adding an extra sprinkle of salt and black pepper at this point.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.