Happy Tuesday; I hope your week is going great.
I have a super quick and yummy recipe for you today: Cajun Alfredo Sausage Pasta.
So. Dang. Good.
This recipe can also easily be doubled so you can stick a second casserole in the freezer for another night (which is what I did!).
The spicyness of this dish can be adjusted to the level you prefer. So use less or more Cajun seasoning, your choice!
Hope you enjoy this hearty, comforting pasta recipe. Try it this week!
Cajun Alfredo Sausage Pasta
Servings: 4-5 (depending on your portions)
- 1/2 lb. smoked sausage, sliced
- 8 oz. pasta (any kind; I used penne)
- 22 oz. jar Alfredo sauce*
- 1/2 large yellow or white onion, diced
- 3/4 cup mozzarella
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3-4 tsp. Cajun seasoning (more or less if preferred)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet on medium high.
- Add butter, diced onion, sliced sausage, and seasonings.
- Cook until sausage and onions are slightly browned, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in Alfredo sauce. Taste and add more seasonings if needed.
- Add pasta and mix well.
- Pour into a large baking dish, sprinkle with mozzarella and bake for about 20-25 min.*
*You could skip the baking part, if desired, and just stir the mozzarella into the mixture and be finished.
**If you choose to double this, cover your other baking dish with foil, and once completely cooled freeze for up to 1 month. You can thaw the casserole and then bake as above, or bake at 350 until warmed through (1-1 1/2 hours).