Something you’ll find us doing A LOT this summer is grilling out. Now that we have a house – and our own outdoor space to even have a grill! – we plan to get outside as much as possible and cook some delicious meals!
I’m sure a lot of you like to grill out in the summertime. There’s also so many opportunities for parties, get-togethers, and just enjoying time with family and friends.
We tend to have a lot of pot lucks and BBQs to attend this time of year, so one of my go-to recipes to bring is an Easy Pasta Salad. This recipe is seriously so simple, and it feeds a crowd if you need it to!
The ingredients include, pasta, veggies, cheese, and dressing. That’s it!
I use store-bought Italian dressing to make it easier on myself, especially when I need to make this recipe last-minute. But, there’s plenty of homemade dressings out there you could whip up and use instead.
You can also add as little or as many veggies as you like; the possibilities are endless.
Hope you all are having a great summer. Enjoy the recipe!
Easy Pasta Salad
- 1 lb. penne or rotini pasta
- 16 oz. bottle Zesty Italian dressing (or a homemade dressing)
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese or cheese cubes (I’ve used both and prefer the cubes)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Optional other veggies to add: cucumber, tomato, olives, etc.
- Boil pasta in a large pot according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, dice up your red bell pepper, and any other veggies, and set aside.
- When pasta is finished, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Pour Italian dressing over pasta, add bell pepper and cheese, plenty of salt and pepper and mix well.
- Refrigerate 2 hours+ before serving.